For questions regarding coverage, services or to file a claim please call 866.690.6859.
- What happens if I sign up for a Marathon months in advance when registration opens and then I get sick or injured weeks before the race and I cannot attend?Coverage is provided for sickness or injury of an insured, family member or traveling companion. The policy defines Traveling Companion as a person(s) with whom the insured has coordinated travel arrangements and intends to travel with during the event. Please consult the Certificate of Coverage for complete details, limitations and exclusions.
- My race was just cancelled because of inclement weather, now what do I do?You must call AIG as soon as reasonably possible, and be prepared to describe your loss, the name of the race or race coordinator, the race date(s), the date you registered and the amount that you paid. An AIG claims representative will complete the claim form and forward it to you for review and signature. The completed form should be returned to AIG C/O Travel Guard, P.O. Box 47, Stevens Point, WI 54481 (telephone 1.866.690.6859).
- I am in the military and I got called to active duty between when I registered for my Ironman Race and when the actual race date, can I get reimbursed for my registration fee and non-refundable travel?Absolutely, if you, your traveling companion or a family member is called to active duty military service or as a reservist, firefighter, or police staff; to provide aid or relief in the event of a natural disaster, or if your military leave is revoked or reassigned, then you will get full reimbursement for your registration costs and qualifying travel-related costs.
- My mother has turned ill and I need to stay home to take care of her, is this covered?Sickness or Injury of a Family Member not traveling with the Insured must be so disabling, as certified by a Physician as to reasonably prevent the Insured from attending the event or they require the Insured’s immediate care.
- What happens if I register for a race and then have complications with my pregnancy that prohibits me from training for and participating in the event? Both you, the insured, and your traveling companion are covered If you have complications of pregnancy. The complications of pregnancy must occur after the insured’s effective date of coverage and can be verified by medical records.
- A flood damaged my home, and I will not be able to travel to and run my half marathon, what should I do?Contact AIG at (866) 690-6859 to submit a claim. Registration Saver covers the primary residence being made uninhabitable or inaccessible by natural disaster, vandalism or burglary of the insured and the insured’s travel companion.
- I had a diagnosed injury before I registered for my race and acquired Registration Saver, and decided to withdrawal from the race because the same injury did not get better as anticipated, am I covered?Unfortunately you will not be reimbursed for this circumstance. Registration Saver will not pay for any loss or expense incurred as the result of an Injury, sickness or other condition of an Insured, traveling companion, business partner or family Member that, within the 90 day period immediately preceding and including the Insured’s insurance effective date: (a) first manifested itself, worsened, became acute or had symptoms that would have prompted a reasonable person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment; (b) for which care or treatment was given or recommended by a physician; (c) required taking prescription drugs or medicines, unless the condition for which the drugs or medicines are taken remains controlled without any change in the required prescription drugs or medicines.
- What happens if I am traveling to a race and my car breaks down and cannot get to the event?Registration Saver covers the cost of your registration fee if you cannot attend or compete in the event due to mechanical/equipment failure of a common carrier (vehicle must be operated under a license) that occurs on or within 7 days of the scheduled start date and prevents you from being able to participate in the race